Punjab Ashirwad (Shagun) Scheme 2023, Apply Online, Form PDF, Eligibility, Documents, Benefit, Beneficiary, Official Website, Helpline Number
To provide financial assistance for the marriage of a girl child, the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme was established by the Punjab government. Only girls from Punjab are eligible for the scheme. This program will provide financial assistance in the form of Ashirwad to a girl from a poor family. This post will cover all details regarding the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme 2023, including its goal, eligibility requirements, as well as the characteristics. We’ll also cover the registration process for the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme and the application form. The status of the online applications will be discussed as well.
Punjab Ashirwad (Shagun) Scheme 2023
|Scheme||Punjab Ashirwad (Shagun) Scheme|
|Launched by||The Government of Punjab|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance at the time of their marriage|
|Beneficiaries||Girls from SC, ST and EWS tribes|
|Financial assistance||Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 21,000|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Many people in the economically disadvantaged are unable plan their daughters’ weddings due to their financial circumstances. They deal with many issues related to this. In this context, the Punjab government has introduced the Punjab Ashirwad Plan. This program will provide financial assistance to girls from economically disadvantaged areas of society. So that their daughters don’t have to worry too much about financial obligations while planning their wedding. This scheme is not just for girls, but it also encourages such families to raise girls and marry them.
What Punjab Shagun Scheme?
The Punjab Ashirwad Scheme will see the government award grants to girls from economically disadvantaged families in Punjab, ranging from Rs 15000 up to Rs 21000. This cash support will be given to the underprivileged girl when she marries. This benefit is available to women 18 years old and older who are economically disadvantaged members of the scheduled caste. The Rs. would be distributed to approximately 10,873 women from scheduled castes. According to Sadhu Singh Dharamsot (empowerment and minorities minister), 22 crores were raised through Aashirwad, while Rs. Eight thousand girls were given gasoline in one go to backward and economically disadvantaged classes. In the current fiscal year, the Punjab government spent Rs 129.29 Crore on the 25,399 beneficiaries of the “Ashirwad” program. The overall expenditure for the 2022 fiscal year is Rs 161.31 crore. It provides Rs 51,000 to women of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes who are disadvantaged for weddings.
Punjab Govt will distribute 256 crores of Ashirwad funds
Minister for social justice and empowerment Dr. Baljit Kaur stated that the Punjab government will soon distribute financial aid in the Ashirwad scheme for 50,189 beneficiaries from economically disadvantaged groups, Scheduled castes and Backward classes. The money will be issued to cover the period March 2022-2023, due to the pending applications by 21,662 beneficiaries of Scheduled Castes, and 13,385 beneficiaries who are Backward Class beneficiaries and economically disadvantaged sections. Their combined liability was 178.49 million. The current administration would have provided benefits in the amount of 178 crores for 35,047 beneficiaries up to February 2022. From March 2022 to January 20,23, financial support will be available for 50,189 beneficiaries. 33,983 SC beneficiaries will receive 173 crores. 16,206 BCS beneficiaries will receive 82.65 million. Economically deprived sections and those with low incomes will get 82.65 millions. The minister directed the beneficiaries to submit their requests via the government website. Last year, the state government launched the Ashirwad Scheme website.
Punjab Ashirwad Scheme Benefits
- The state government of Punjab introduced the Punjab Ashirwad Plan on December 30, 2020.
- A cash assistance of Rs. would be given to economically disadvantaged girls. 15000 upon marriage.
- If girls need financial assistance for marriage, they can apply to the Punjab Ashirwad Program. They just need to come from special communities that require financial support.
- Direct payment from DBT to the beneficiaries’ bank accounts.
- Aashirwad has provided benefits to approximately 10,873 girls of scheduled castes. 22 crores.
- In addition, 8 209 girls from economically disadvantaged backgrounds or members of the backward classes have received Rs. 17 crores.
Punjab Ashirwad Scheme Eligibility
Below are the eligibility points for the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme
- The girl applying must be a resident of Punjab.
- She must be from a family of scheduled castes or another economically poor group.
- The family of the applicant belongs to BPL category.
- The initiative allows each household to have a maximum of two women eligible.
Punjab Ashirwad Scheme Documents
Below are some important documents applicants should have at the time they submit their application:
- Aadhar card for the applicant
- Document of Birth (D.O.B.)
- Certificate of income
- Self-declaration form
- BPL card
Punjab Ashirwad Scheme Application Procedure
All interested applicants for the Punjab Ashirwad scheme must follow these steps:
- The official website is the first to learn more about the scheme.
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- Punjab Ashirwad Scheme
- Check out the Services section of the homepage.
- Select Forms from the drop-down menu.
- The forms list will appear in front of your eyes.
- Select the Ashirwad Scheme menu.
- You will now see the PDF version of Punjab Ashirwad Schemes.
- After downloading the form, take a printed copy.
- Complete the form and attach all attachments.
- Attach the paper and send it to the correct department.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Telegram Channel||Click Here|
Q : Who is eligible to apply for the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme?
Ans : Girls belonging to SC/ST and EWS categories who are residents of Punjab and have a family income less than Rs. 2,50,000 are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Q : What is the financial assistance provided under the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme?
Ans : The scheme provides financial assistance of Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 21,000 to eligible girls at the time of their marriage.
Q : How can one apply for the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme?
Ans : Interested applicants can apply for the scheme online through the official website of the Punjab government.
Q : Is there any age limit for the girls to apply for the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme?
Ans : Yes, the girls should be above 18 years of age and below 35 years of age to be eligible for the scheme.
Q : Can a girl apply for the scheme if her marriage has already taken place?
Ans : No, the scheme is applicable only for girls whose marriage is yet to take place.
Q : Is there any provision for the application fee for the Punjab Ashirwad Scheme?
Ans : No, there is no application fee for the scheme.
Q : Can a girl apply for the scheme if she is not a resident of Punjab?
Ans : No, the scheme is applicable only for girls who are residents of Punjab.
Other Links –