Swechha Yojana Andhra Pradesh 2023 (Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme), Beneficiaries, Benefit, Adolescent Girls, Eligibility, Documents, Application, Official Website, Toll free Number
Hygiene and health have been important parts of a developed society. In this light, governments keep introducing and implementing policies that could spread awareness among the common people. Recently, we have seen in the news that the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh has launched the Swechha scheme. The scheme is meant to improve the health and hygiene conditions of adolescent girls who are studying in government schools and colleges. The Andhra Pradesh government is planning to provide quality sanitary napkins free of cost, in order to spread awareness regarding a clean and hygienic menstrual cycle. Let us go through the article to know in detail about the Swechha scheme which has been recently announced by the Andhra Pradesh government.
Swechha Yojana Andhra Pradesh 2023
|Name of the Scheme||Swechha scheme|
|Launched By||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Aim||To improve the health and hygiene conditions of adolescent girls|
|Beneficiaries||Adolescent girls of Andhra Pradesh ( studying in the government institutes from std 7 to 12)|
|Announced on||6 October 2021|
What is The Swechha Yojana Andhra Pradesh
The state government of Andhra Pradesh will help adolescent girls, who are studying in Government schools and colleges for the betterment of their health and hygiene conditions. The government is planning to provide quality sanitary napkins free of cost to these girls. The state government said that 23% of girls in the country stay away from schools and colleges during their menstrual cycle. In order to improve their condition, the government is working on improving toilets in all government institutes.
Swechha Yojana Andhra Pradesh Features
- The Swechha initiative is going to spread menstruation awareness among students from classes 7 to 12 in government schools and colleges.
- Women teachers and women cops are supposed to spread the awareness among girls students once a month.
- Apart from spreading awareness Disha app and the Disha act will also be created by police.
- A woman teacher is going to be the nodal officer.
- The government will be providing quality sanitary napkins to every young girl, which will cost around 32 crore rupees.
- Each female student will receive 120 napkins in a year.
- Students will also be taught about the disposal of sanitary pads.
- Andhra Pradesh government has already provided 6417 incinerators for the disposal of pads under the clean Andhra Pradesh scheme.
- The state considers menstrual hygiene as an important part of women’s empowerment.
Swechha Yojana Andhra Pradesh Beneficiaries
Swechha scheme will benefit the young girls of Andhra Pradesh who are studying in government schools and colleges from std 7th to 12th. The scheme will focus on adolescent girls during their menstrual cycle.
Swechha Yojana Andhra Pradesh Helpline Number
The government has yet not notified about the helpline numbers pertaining to the Swechha scheme. The detail may get furnished in the near future.
|Official Website||Click Here|
Q : Who has introduced the Swechha scheme?
Ans : Andhra Pradesh Government
Q : When was the Swechha scheme announced?
Ans : 6 October 2021
Q : Who are the beneficiaries of the Swechha scheme?
Ans : Adolescent girls
Q : In which state the Swechha scheme has been launched?
Ans : Andhra Pradesh
Other Articles –