Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme 2023, Apply, Eligibility, Documents, Official Website, Helpline
The second version of ‘Orunodoi’ has been launched by the Chief Minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma. It is a flagship scheme under the state government. The main idea of the scheme is to offer financial assistance to the economically weaker sections of society. The CM termed the scheme the biggest in the social-sector category. The scheme is one of its kind in the history of the state that is believed to bring significant transformation to the lives of millions in the state. Continue reading to understand the benefits and eligibility criteria to register under the scheme.
Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme 2023
|Name of the scheme||Orunodoi DBT scheme|
|Beneficiaries||Economically deprived households in the state|
|Launched by||Himanta Biswa Sarma CM of Assam|
|Financial help||Rupees 1250|
|Women who have already received scheme benefits||17 lakh women|
|Total cost of projecting the scheme||Rupees 4142 crores per annum|
|Money to be given in the scheme||The scheme money will be given in the direct benefit transfer or DBT method|
Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme Key Features
The Orunodoi 2.0 is the second version of the original scheme, and under this, women will be given 1000 rupees monthly. But one has to be eligible as per the criteria of the scheme to get the monthly benefit from the scheme. This is sure to be one of the largest schemes in the state.
- Main objective of the scheme – The primary purpose of the scheme launch is to alleviate poverty and help the underprivileged families of the state
- Beneficiaries to include in the scheme – From 2023, beneficiaries of the Indira Miri Widow Pension Scheme and the Deen Dayal Divyangan pension schemewill be included in the scheme. Besides, transgenders will be included in the scheme
- Benefits to women to date – 17 lakh women have received financial assistance of rupees 1250 to be given on the 10th of every month. It is provided through the Direct Benefit Transfer under the scheme’s first phase.
- Latest beneficiaries of scheme – After the launch of the second version, another 10.5 lakh beneficiaries have been added to the scheme.
- People having an illness – Families having individuals who have hemophilia, thalassemia, cerebral palsy, and the like will be included in the scheme
This is how the Assam CM extended the financial help as per the scheme regulations to the financially deprived sections of the society. However, under this scheme, the beneficiaries of the Indira Miri Widow Pension Scheme will get rupees 1200 monthly. In this regard, CM has contacted the monitoring committee at the state level to ensure hassle-free implementation of the scheme in the state. It can help better the condition of the poverty-stricken households.
Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme Eligibility
- Natives of the state – The original natives of Assam are eligible to register for the scheme, and they have to produce the correct details when registering for the scheme
- Income of the family – It is essential to produce income for a family who is willing to enjoy the scheme’s benefits
Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme Documents
- Domicile Details – One should furnish correct domicile details to justify that they are the original residents of the state
- Income certificate – A family or women of a household willing to get the scheme benefits should furnish their total family income to justify their eligibility. The annual income should be less than 2 lakhs yearly
- Ailing Health condition – If any member of the household has cerebral palsy or similar ailing, the family can register to get the scheme benefits
- Bank details – The beneficiary should furnish correct bank details as the money will be directly transferred to the linked bank account through the DBT method
In addition, the candidate should give Aadhaar card, voter ID card, passport photo and contact details. These are required by the higher authorities to check the background of each family and check their eligibility in the scheme.
By successful implementation of the scheme, the state authorities are trying to extend nutritional and economic security among the deprived family of Assam. The CM further states that the second version of the flagship scheme is mainly to eliminate the growing poverty in the state and help families cope with their vulnerable situation.
The committee has revised the list of beneficiaries and the eligibility criteria for the second version of the scheme.
Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme Registration
The scheme is a second version of the flagship version, and so the steps for online registration are yet to be declared by the state government. Soon after the declaration, the beneficiaries can get access to the scheme details from its official website.
Q : Who has taken the initiative for the scheme launch?
Ans : Himanta Biswa Sarma CM of Assam
Q : Who are eligible to get the scheme benefits?
Ans : Underprivileged and economically background families
Q : What is the financial assistance to be offered under the scheme?
Ans : Rupees 1250
Q : How much money has been sanctioned for the scheme?
Ans : Rupees 4142
Q : What is the money transfer method under the scheme?
Ans : Direct Benefit Scheme
Other Links –